Our Vetting Procedures
TimePlan is committed to child protection and safer recruitment in education and has 12 standard vetting procedures and checks which are carried out by qualified teachers. Evidence of all checks are filed and recorded on our database.
- A face to face interview - in a private room. All TimePlan Teachers are interviewed by a qualified teacher.
- Identification check - against a passport, national ID card or photo driving licence, and where necessary sight of marriage and divorce certificates.
- Date of birth check - against a passport, national ID card or photo driving licence.
- Proof of address - recent utility bill.
- Qualifications verification - sight of originals or verification with the issuing institution.
- Two independent professional references - one from a candidate’s most recent teaching post. Any open references and testimonials are verified with the referee.
- Right to work - passports are checked for the right to work in the UK.
- CV check - CVs must be complete and any gaps must be accounted for.
- Criminal records check (UK and overseas if applicable) - all candidates must complete an Enhanced Disclosure and all candidates from overseas, or teachers who have taught overseas, must have a current police clearance from the relevant country.
- Barred List Search check - as part of the recruitment process and then annually.
- DfE number (or overseas equivalent if applicable) - for qualified teachers.
- GTC Registration (or overseas equivalent if applicable) - for qualified teachers.
- Medical fitness to teach - completed for all teachers and support staff.
If you have any questions about this or anything else, please do not hesitate in contacting your local TimePlan Office.
Coming to teach in Scotland is the best decision that I have ever made.
Read full profile