Primary - Ages 5 to 11 Job in Lambeth
- Reference: 01-200420003
- Local Authority: Lambeth
- Type: Full Time
- From: 01-09-2020 to 30-07-2021
We are working with a cluster of schools in the Lambeth area who are looking for SEN teachers who are keen to support pupils with needs across the spectrum.
We are currently looking for a Primary Teachers to work full or part-time across all key stages in a primary main stream setting. Teachers will work in small classes with support staff to assist in class planning, delivering and accessing behaviour and education support programmes.
Our schools are looking for:
- Open to teaching in schools with children who have been unable to learn in mainstream schools for a range of reasons such as mental health, special need diagnosis, being in care, being at risk of or being abused.
- Able to plan, teach and mark lessons.
- Dedicated and consistent as building and maintaining positive relationships is vital.
- Have a sound knowledge of UK curriculum
What is on offer?
- Small classes with SEN support staff in class who will implement learning programmes
- Fun and friendly team with staff well-being a main focus of the school
- Long term work with permanent contract and career development opportunities
- QTS, PGCE, Teaching experience in UK schools.
- Experience working with children/young people with mental health or special needs.
- Good written and spoken English is essential.
Desirable criteria: Mental health awareness training, Special Needs experience, Team Teach or positive handling training, MIDAS trained to drive school minibus.
TimePlan Education Group Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to a successful Enhanced Disclosure, Barring Service (DBS) check and two professional references.