Phase Leader needed!
TimePlan is currently recruiting on behalf of a client school. We are looking for an excellent phase leader to join a lovely primary school in the London borough of Redbridge.Job Title: Phase Leader
-to take a leading role in raising standards and ensuring high quality provision throughout the phase.
-to coordinate planning, teaching and learning within the phase, and to liaise with the headteacher and other leaders where necessary, to ensure continuity and progression throughout the curriculum.-to ensure pupils within the phase are safe and lead on behaviour, SEN and Safeguarding across the phase. To lead a Pastoral care, welfare and behaviour in the phase.
The Phase Leader will:
- establish good relationships, encourage good working practices and support and lead teachers in the phase;
- lead, support, motivate and direct support staff working within the phase;
- oversee all aspects of the phase organisation and management, including preparing agendas and chairing meetings, in order to ensure that school policies and practices are being delivered;
- evaluate pupils' progress, achievement and attainment, and report to the SMT;
lead by example in all areas of the curriculum and provision;
- monitor the standards of behaviour and achievement across the phase;
- take responsibility for the pastoral care of pupils in the phase, including involvement in lunchtime duties, when necessary;
- liaise closely with the headteacher and other phase leaders to ensure continuity and progression across the school;
- oversee the induction process of new members of staff within the key stage.
- coordinate assemblies;
- coordinate and oversee the organisation of school visits and extra-curricular activities within the phase.
- liaise with parents to resolve issues or concerns and to engage parents in a successful partnership with the school.
- cover classes within the phase when staff are absent or to release NQTs.
- to induct and mentor NQTs within the Phase in line with national guidance and school policy.
- to ensure pupils with SEN have an appropriately differentiated curriculum to meet their needs. To manage the EHC or interventions necessary to support SEN pupils and liaise with outside agencies as appropriate.
- to manage the Safeguarding and medical needs of pupils within the phase. Including leading and attending CAF meetings and CIN/EP meetings and reporting to the Safeguarding teams.- to oversee and monitor summative assessments, including more regular assessment preparation and SATS arrangements for year 6.
TimePlan Education Group Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to a successful Enhanced Disclosure, Barring Service (DBS) check and two professional references.