English Job in Richmond-Upon-Thames
- Reference: 06-180411003
- Local Authority: Richmond-Upon-Thames
- Type: Full Time
- From: 07-05-2018 to 19-07-2019
Literacy/Dyslexia Teacher for Secondary School
- â€˜Outstanding' and â€˜good' rated secondary schools
- Seeking SEN literacy teacher with experience at secondary level
- Level 5 certificate in Dyslexia preferable but not essential
- Experience with SEND and an understanding of students needs
Required to start from September 2018 onwards, we are seeking a experienced, reliable and enthusiastic SEN literacy teacher to work in a dynamic secondary school. A specialist dyslexia and SEND would be appreciated and experience working SEN students would be essential. The position is a maternity cover so you will be expected to work full time for the whole school year.
A successful candidate will:
- Have a deep understanding of the effects of learning difficulties and the strategies that may help students develop their literacy and study skills
- Have good understanding of the SEND Code of Practice 2015
- Have good personal and social skills
- Act on their initiative and have a desire to reflect and improve their skills and knowledge
- Preferably have at least Level 5 Certificate in Dyslexia although consideration will be given to the right candidate without this qualification
- Ability to complete Access Arrangements would be an advantage.
Located in a residential area and is surrounded by public transport and parking. The local train station is Teddington and is easily commuted to from areas including, Wimbledon, Richmond, Kingston and Clapham Junction.
If you feel you would be an asset to this school as a SEN literacy teacher then as well as the above we will require you to provide us with the following information and documents;
- Proof of identity (real copies only; passport, birth certificate etc.)
- Updated DBS for safeguarding purposes
- Proof of residence
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK (International ONLY)
- 2 references (in education)
- Have experience supporting children
- Be available to start immediately or in the near future
- Have a clear and current DBS
- Be a qualified teacher
- Ideally be an English/literacy specialist
TimePlan Education Group Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to a successful Enhanced Disclosure, Barring Service (DBS) check and two professional references.