Teacher Recruitment in Partnership (TRiPs)
Our TRiPs programme is a chance to launch your international teaching journey and boost your teaching career. It offers you an opportunity to meet face to face in your city with the leaders from Schools, Academy Trusts and Local Councils from Scotland and England.
The key benefits of our TRiPs Programme
- A shared experience. As we’re recruiting from your local area, you’ll be moving to the UK as a group of teachers, with the opportunity to be housed together and work in the same trust of schools
- £3,000 relocation & loyalty package. Our relocation package is designed to help our teachers get the most out of their UK teaching experience including a series of cash bonuses and other benefits.
- £1,400 cash bonuses
- £600 vouchers to travel Europe
- £1,000 on professional development courses and social events
- Job security. Job offers will be made on the same weekend as the interview.
- Paid to scale. You will be paid to the UK pay scale from day one, the same as UK trained teachers.
- Monthly social calendar. We arrange monthly teacher socials including trips to the Lion King theatre show in the West End, the Royal Ascot Races day, London Bus Tours and European city breaks.
- Guidance and one-to-one support. Our headteacher consultants are available to offer one-to-one guidance and support as well as coaching with interview techniques and preparation.
- Dedicated relocation support. You will have a committed relocation consultant to guide you through your move to the UK and support you once you’re here. They will be available to answer any questions you have.
Register your interest
Start your journey here by filling out this short form.
TRiP event dates
This year so far, we have TRiP events taking place in Canada and South Africa, with more upcoming in Australia later in the year.
We also have Virtual TRiPs for anyone who is unable to attend a TRiP in person. For these events, interviews will be held via video call.
Edmonton: 22nd - 23rd February 2020
Ormiston Academy Trust
Calgary: 22nd - 23rd February 2020
Aberdeen County Council
Toronto: 7th - 8th March 2020
Ottawa: 21st - 22nd March 2020
North Bay: 21st - 22nd March 2020
Register your interest and sign up for email alerts here.
11th March 2020
26th March 2020
We will be announcing more Virtual TRiP dates shortly. Register your interest and sign up for email alerts here.
To be considered for a placement in a UK school you must meet certain prerequisites. If you are unsure or have any questions about the requirements please don't hesitate to contact us.
- You must be a fully qualified teacher (PGCE, Bachelor of Education, etc)
- You must be able to attend a TRiP interview in person or be available for a video call for a TRiPs Virtual
- You must be able to obtain the relevant visa in order to be able to work in the UK. You can check your eligibility here.
- You must be able to provide original documentation of your passport/visa and qualifications
- You must obtain a police check for any country you have been to, outside of the UK, for more than six months in the last five years and also gain a DBS (British police check) prior to arriving in the UK.
- If offered a role, you will be asked to accept within 48 hours to secure your position
Register your interest.
Register your interest with your local consultant, which you can do so by signing up on our website. Once registered our recruitment teams will contact you to discuss your qualifications, goals and career aspirations.
Our teams will match your talents to vacancies available within our partnered schools, shortlisted candidates will then be booked into interview slots during the TRiP event weekend.
Coaching from our education experts will be available to prepare you for an interview with the UK principals at one of our TRiP events. After a successful interview, we ask that you accept a job offer within 48 hours.
Begin your journey
After you accept, our onboarding team will start the process to help you move to the UK. On arrival in the UK, you will attend our two-day induction training, before your teaching adventure begins. During this induction you will meet your fellow international teachers and our UK teams, as well as participate in vital training that will set you up for success in your new classroom.
Established in 1989, TimePlan Education is the most experienced teaching agency in the UK. In 2017, TimePlan Education became affiliated with its sister company Empowering Learning, a unique teacher training and recruitment consultancy founded in 2003. Together we have over 45 years’ experience of recruiting teaching and support staff internationally.
Sign up for more information
Any questions? Sign up and our teams will be in touch to talk you through the whole process.
Meet the trusts
We have teamed up with some of the leading education bodies in the UK for our TRiPs program.
This includes leading regional and national academy trusts in England and local authorities in Scotland. Our partners include the Scottish Highland and Aberdeen City Councils, the Ormiston Academy, Paradigm and the South West Essex Community Education Trusts. For more information email email@example.com or please contact your local team, details below.
"Ormiston Academies Trust (OAT) is one of the largest not-for-profit multi-academy trusts in England. We educate 29,000 pupils across six English regions, in 30 secondary schools, seven primary schools and one special school. We are one of the longest established trusts and have been sponsoring academies since 2009. Our mission is to become the trust that makes the biggest difference, both inside and outside the classroom."
The diverse and dramatic geography of Scotland will appeal to visiting international teachers seeking an unforgettable adventure. From the 20 ski runs on Glencoe Mountain to the white sands and turquoise seas of the Isle of Harris, and monster-spotting safaris on Loch Ness, it’s a country built for Instagram.
Paradigm Trust (Paradigm) is a multi-academy trust with a very simple ethos: To develop and sustain great schools where we can make the biggest difference to pupils.
With origins in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets (LBTH), where Paradigm has three academies, in 2015 the Department for Education (DfE) asked Paradigm to take on a fourth academy in Ipswich.
A multi-academy trust passionate about providing the best start in life for our pupils. We are united in the belief that every young person needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances. We place our pupils' needs at the heart of everything we do and support our colleagues in delivering high quality education.
Please contact your national office via the contact details provided.