Teaching in the UK
Not all teachers realise that their profession is a passport to the world.
With many vacancies to fill within British schools, you’ll not only walk straight into your new classroom, enjoy competitive pay and gain invaluable experience of the British education system, you’ll have the opportunity to travel throughout this vibrant and fascinating country and visit some of Europe’s most historic and memorable cities.
The benefits of moving to the UK to teach include:
- The opportunity to explore parts of the UK and have your choice of living in Scotland, England or Wales
- Easy and affordable access to Europe’s famous capitals
- Gaining valuable experience working in British schools, which is recognised across the world
- Exploring a variety of enriched cultures and traditions
- Immersing yourself in a diverse range of landscapes and cities.
For information tailored to your region, select one of the flags below.
Register with us
Complete our simple registration process and we'll start looking for your perfect job.
Why register with TimePlan Education?
Our International Recruitment Team have a wealth of teaching experience between them, most of which have even made the journey over to the UK as teachers themselves. This means they understand the journey you are about to embark on and can support you in the best way possible. We have hundreds of vacancies in UK schools at any one time and we pride ourselves on being able to match your talents and ambitions with a school that will recognise them.
Our support doesn’t end there - we will assist with interview preparation and training, to make sure that you have the best chance of being made an offer. We will then support you with all aspects of your relocation from visa and work permits, to finding you accommodation and setting you up with a doctor and a British bank.
When you register with TimePlan Education, you become part of our extended family, enjoying friendly emotional support and a variety of social events from the minute you arrive. As part of our relocation package, we offer you £2,000 and arrange trips in the UK and Europe with other TimePlan teachers. So, if you decide to join us, you’ll return home with incredible memories, lifelong friends and valuable work experience from the UK. Read through some of the key benefits of registering with TimePlan Education:
- £2000 relocation & loyalty package
- Security of a full time teaching position before arrival
- Monthly social events – including group trips to the Lion King theatre show in the West End, Royal Ascot race day, pub quiz, London Bus Tours and many other events
- A dedicated relocation consultant to help with your move to the UK, who is on hand to offer support and answer all of your questions
- Meet & interview with UK head teachers face to face in you home country on our interview weekends
- Move with a group of overseas teachers who will be housed together, if desired, meaning you won’t be moving on your own
- 2 day induction
- Free Team Teach training – UK accredited day course to develop de-escalation and behaviour management techniques
- Support from Robert Hamilton our headteacher consultant pre-departure
- Support from Nigel Rowlands our headteacher consultant in UK post arrival
- Weekly training webinars
- Group tours to Europe and travel discounts for individual trips
- Experience teaching new curriculum to improve your skill set and enhance your CV/resume.
£2,000 Relocation Package
TimePlan Education’s generous relocation plan is designed to help our teachers get the most out of their UK teaching experience. Adding up to over £2,000 of benefits over two years, you’ll receive both cash payments to use however you choose and travel vouchers to spend exploring the UK and Europe.
Read more about our wrap-around relocation package and start your UK adventure today.
What qualifications and experience do I need?
The qualifications and experience required to teach in the UK varies, depending on where you’re coming from. You also need to obtain a work visa, in order to live and work in the UK, if you do not have a current British passport.
For more specific information based on your home country, visit one of our international team pages below.
Browse through our FAQ
Please contact your national office via the contact details provided.